Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I Think it's Perfectly Normal; Part XXIV


Whenever I see a snail, I always pick it up and put it in the grass - away from where people are walking - so that no one will step on it.

I like snails.

I think they're cute.

I don't think they should be stepped on.

Or eaten.

Or have salt poured on them.

Come on people! They could have a whole snail family waiting at home for them. Do you have any idea how long it takes a snail to get from Point A to Point B?

That sweet little snail family could be waiting for days before they even know that anything is wrong!

People......

Please!

5 comments:

hbmommy said...

When I was little, I would bring the snails home and put them in my Barbie house to live.

I also put them on the grass, and once cried when I accidentaly stepped on one!

But...true confession...I love them sauteed in tons of butter with garlic!

Connie said...

..... why don't he write????....

( ... an obscure reference from "Dances With Wolves" regarding family members who leave home and are never heard from again...)

sorry... it just popped in my head ...

Billy and Laurel said...

I do admit they're fascinating. Travis loves to play with them. However--after stepping on too many of them without shoes, I now have no problem smashing them against the wall. Kinda like the offending legos you step on in the middle of the night.

-Laurel

Anonymous said...

Then there is the snail that got a ride on the back of a turtle...He said "Wheeee"!

The Craftypigs said...

I do the same thing! I just always hope I've moved them closer to their destination and not further and they are not cussing me out in snail cuz I just made their trip two weeks longer.