Saturday, April 24, 2010

Some New Favorite Things

I thought I would hurry up and post a new blog entry so that the ugly one will not be the first one you see when you visit my blog. Ugliness is a part of life - but the more I dwell on it, the longer the wounds shays fresh, and the longer I'm hurt by it. So! We're movin' on to something happier.


Here is a list of some of my new Favorite Things:

1. Words with Friends - it's an iPhone app. It's free. It's Scrabble. It will take over your life. Get it and play me - my user name is heidigirlhb.


2. How to Train Your Dragon - fantastic movie. We took our 4 year old - he was a little scared a few times but overall really dug it.


3. My Keurig coffee maker - this has been lifechanging!!! Coffee just how you want it in 5 seconds. No more waiting for a new pot to brew. I have officially left the Dark Ages.


4. Chuck - Oh man. This is my new television addicition. This show... I can't even tell you how much I LOVE it. Monday nights at 8:00 on NBC. So entertaining. So easy to follow. Soooo good.



5. Castle - Oh Man times two! My other new television addiction. Seriously! Snappy dialog - cool plotlines (The premise is that a murder/mystery/macabre author gets to tag along with a detective on murder investigations to get plots for his upcoming books). Monday nights at 1o:00 on ABC. Check it out - you will NOT be disappointed.



6. Pink's Grammy performance of Glitter in the Air - DISCLAIMER: Not for kids. Let me just say this: if I could have anyone's voice - I would want hers. And apparently, she's an acrobat too. And not just ANY acrobat. She's a singing/swimming acrobat. BUT! This performance is very Circu du Solei-ish and I don't think it's appropriate for kids. I'm just puttin' that out there. But, it's on Youtube - you should check it out. It's AMAZING.

7. Educational vidoes on Youtube. Yeah, yeah, this sounds like zzzzzzz..... material. But! I'm in the process of building a website (something I have NO clue how to do) and you would not believe the educational material that's available for free on Youtube - especially when making a CMS site using Wordpress. Good stuff.



8. Those eyeshadow kits that come with 4 colors and instructions on how to put the eyeshadow on your eyes (because I have no idea what color goes where). I got a good one from L"Oreal that even has little pictures to go along with the instructions - yessss!


9. Burt's Beeswax lip balm. This stuff is awesome - and it's pepperminty. Love it.



10. Trios - building blocks from Fisher Price. These have provide my son with hours of entertainment. He makes monsters, cars, building, you name it. He loves them - which means, I love them. They're fun for adults to play too.

6 comments:

Jeff and Aimee said...

A pepperminty substance in a yellow tube? That's throwing me off. (I'm so commercially conditioned.)

Unknown said...

okay, you are officially my blogging twin. KEURIG IS MY LOVE! I love it, I love it. I think about taking it on vacation with me. I day dream about giving one to all my friends so they can see the light. If I were to ever become the Pioneer Woman, I wouldn't give away mixers, I would give away Keurig's. My favorite flavor is Coffee People's Doughnut Shop. Delicious.
AND NOW: CHUCK
Chuck is the reason we have a tv. I am dying now that it's been a few weeks of Chuckless tv, but doesn't it start up this monday?
I entertain myself by telling my husband that Casey is going to die. Every episode, I fluxuate between telling him that Casey or Sarah is going to die "i can tell", then I watch him get really worried. I know. I'm evil.

shana said...

burt's bees lip balm is the best . . . good call!
have a happy day!
shana

hbmommy said...

OK, first off I don't mind the "ugly" post at all...it makes me feel more normal to know that I'm not the only one (I post things like that every so often and then delete them, then regret deleting them cuz they were honest at the time I wrote them).

Anyway, I digress!

#8 & 9 I love love love! I have NO clue how to put on makeup unless I have directions! And the beeswax is the bomb!

Gonna have to look into those blocks cuz anything to keep Kaleb occupied is worth it!

Brazenlilly said...

I'm making a mental note of the fisher price blocks, b/c I have a 4 year old boy and any toy that entertains like that is worth EVERY PENNY! Thanks for the tip. Also? I love Castle too!

World of Wright said...

My only problem with this post is the eyeshadow quad.
I always use like 2 or 3 of the 4 and have an entire quad left over with only 1 color left. I can't throw it out because there is an off chance that I will use that 1 color.
I too love Keurig machines, Pink and Burts.
I would have liked to see Angels baseball on this post but that might require a little more work on my part. I indeed have failed you...