Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Two Short Stories of the Evangelically Challenged...

~Story #1~

I picked Jack up from preschool yesterday and we had this conversation about his day:

ME: Jack, what did you learn at school today?

JACK: We learned about the Bible!!

ME: Cool! What did you learn?

JACK: Oh I can't tell you.

ME: Why not?

JACK: It's a secret Mom - we're not supposed to talk about the Bible with anyone.

~Story #2~

Jack is singing the song "Jump, Jump, Jump into the Light, Light, Light." He loved singing the chorus.

Over and over and over again.

JACK: (singing at the top of his lungs) Heeeee is the Liiiiiight! Heeeeee is the Liiiiiight! Heeeeee is the Liiiiiight! Heeeeee is the Liiiiiight! Heeeeee is the Liiiiiight! Heeeeee is the Liiiiiight! Heeeeee is the Liiiiiight!

HOPE: Yeah, Yeah, OKAY JACK. He's the light, I get it. Now be quiet.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

NICE! :)

Billy and Laurel said...

No wonder they get along so well with my kids!

-Laurel

Cindy said...

Out of the mouths of babes . . . maybe a worship leader some day . . .

shana said...

I'll have to tell my kids {Rebekah especially} about the Bible being a secret. In kindergarten {she's now a 3rd grader} she asked everyone in her class if they loved Jesus. One kid said something like "sortof" and she went crazy on him and told him that you couldn't sortof love Jesus. She gave him quite a sermon, I guess!
Have a great day!
Shana

Don said...

Hmmmmm....maybe he'll write The DaGoble Code someday!

Brandi in Clackamas said...

Hilarious. I love how when I ask Claire about pre-school and what she learned that day and she can't remember. However, when I ask her about snack, play, arts and crafts, etc. I get all the details!

Lisa P said...

Hilarious! My oldest, when he was in 1st grade, while on the way home from a field trip, asked a classmate, "Gary, do you know Jesus?" I was cracking up--especially the conversation that followed!

World of Wright said...

That is too funny!