Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Calm has been Damaged.


It's been a ridiculous evening.

I picked up Jack from school just in time to hear him yelling at his teacher.

FABulous.

So I took away his Nintendo Wii privileges and he had a meltdown.

BEAUtiful.

We drove home with the sounds of Goble's Concerto in D Minor (which sounded a lot like weeping and wailing) rattling the windows of the car.

SUPER.

We got home and Hope told me that she couldn't finish her math quiz today because she ran out of time. I told her that she ran out of time because she needs to work on her multiplication facts. She started sobbing about in injustice of it all and stomped off to her room.

PERfect.

I started emptying the dishwasher and cut the end of my thumb on a steak knife.

AWEsome.

I went into the bathroom to get a bandaid and saw Jack sitting as far back on the toilet as he could, trying to pee ON the toilet seat so that he could "make funny pee circles" with his fingers.

LOVEly.

I got Jack and the toilet seat all cleaned up and I walked into the laundry room to put the pee-soaked towels in the washer. I saw that Georgia (our new cat) left her litter box prematurely and had a little cling-on stuck to her butt.

JOYous Rapture.

I removed the stinky from Georgia's butt and flushed it down the toilet. After 5 minutes of washing my hands, I made my way into the kitchen where Hope has just burned a bag of microwave popcorn.

So now my house smells like cat crap and burnt popcorn.

FanTAStic.

I dumped the burnt popcorn into the already overflowing garbage can. I closed up the garbage bag and pulled it out of the can. I carried it into the garage and just before I got there, the bottom of the bag opened up and doused my feet in garbage water.

OUTstanding.

It's been a ridiculous evening.
Sigh....

3 comments:

SoCalPam said...

Heidi... God bless you. It sounds like it's been a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day. Some days are like that... even in Australia :o)

(For the multiplication tables I highly recommend Times Tales; happy to loan you my copy. It consists of stories about the numbers so that the kids can more easily relate to them. They're perfect for language arts-oriented kids. After about a week with the program Hope will be a champ!)

Unknown said...

wow.
I had a day like that on Friday. My son, who is potty trained (but still wears a diaper to bed because he's a hard sleeper) took his diaper off during "nap time" and peed on the bed.
That, was the tip of the ice burg.
he was kind enough to put his diaper back on before he yelled to me about his doings.
Kids.
Yous not alones.

Brazenlilly said...

Oh NO! What a crappy day! But also? I miss you when you don't blog. :)